Listen from Nationwide Medicaid Mavens about Traits in Medicaid Budget, Key Insurance policies and Demanding situations Past the Unwinding
As states proceed to control the unwinding of the pandemic-related steady enrollment provision of Medicaid and segment out of the improved federal matching finances, there’s substantial uncertainty about how Medicaid enrollment and spending will exchange within the months forward.
Whilst the demanding situations of managing the unwinding and undertaking redeterminations for all Medicaid enrollees stay a dominant factor going through state Medicaid systems, states have additionally been fascinated with different essential insurance policies, together with addressing supplier compensation charges and team of workers demanding situations, behavioral well being protection and get admission to, and social determinants of well being and well being disparities, in step with soon-to-be launched findings from KFF’s twenty third annual survey of state Medicaid administrators.
At midday ET on Tuesday, November 14, KFF and the Nationwide Affiliation of Medicaid Administrators (NAMD) will hang a web briefing to speak about the newest traits in Medicaid enrollment and spending and spotlight key Medicaid coverage adjustments that states carried out in state FY 2023 or plan to put in force in FY 2024.
The development will draw upon findings from KFF’s twenty third annual finances survey of Medicaid officers. KFF will free up two reviews in keeping with the survey that day. The primary is an research of nationwide traits in states’ Medicaid enrollment and spending. The second one, finished in collaboration with NAMD, supplies state-specific data on Medicaid insurance policies and systems.
Moderator and Audio system
The lead authors of KFF’s twenty third annual Medicaid finances survey will talk about the foremost coverage traits and traits in FY 2023 and FY 2024.
- Robin Rudowitz, a Vice President at KFF, will average the briefing.
- Elizabeth Williams, a Senior Coverage Analyst with KFF’s Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured, will reward enrollment and spending findings.
- Elizabeth Hinton, Affiliate Director with KFF’s Program on Medicaid and the Uninsured, will reward the survey findings.
- Kathleen Gifford, Important at Well being Control Pals, will co-present the findings.
NAMD will sign up for two state Medicaid administrators to speak about their state views and reviews.
- Kate McEvoy, Government Director of the Nationwide Affiliation of Medicaid Administrators
- Amir Bassiri, Deputy Commissioner of the Administrative center of Well being Insurance coverage Methods and New York State Medicaid Director
- Jennifer Strohecker, Medicaid Director, Utah Division of Well being and Human Products and services
Nov 14, 2023 at 12:00 pm ET